N. Stern School of Business, New York University
Associate Professor, Operations Management
44 West Fourth Street, Suite 8-72
New York, NY 10012
Phone: (212) 998-0945
2002-2007 Ph.D., Decision, Risk and Operations Division, Columbia Business School, Columbia University, New York, USA.
1999-2002 Ph.D., Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, Hong Kong, China.
1995-1999 B.Sc., Applied Mathematics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
o JFIG paper competition, finalist, 2011.
o Distinguished/meritorious referee service award: Management Science 2016, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2010; MSOM 2013, 2006.
o Meritorious senior editor award: POM 2015.
o Paul M. Montrone Scholar, Columbia Business School, 2004.
o Student paper award, the first prize, the 5th International Conference on Optimization: Techniques and Applications (ICOTA), 2001.
RECENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
o Supply Chain Incentive Issues
o Finance and Supply Chain Interface
o Tax and Supply Chain Interface
2. The Effects of International Tax Policy on Firms Production Outsourcing Strategies. With Guoming Lai and Yixuan Liu.
1. Should an Online Retailer Penalize its Independent Sellers for Stockout? Forthcoming in Production and Operation Management. With Yi Xu. https://doi.org/10.1111/poms.12859
2. Inventory Decisions and Signals of Demand Uncertainty to Investors. M&SOM, 20(1), 113-129, 2018. With Guoming Lai.
3. Technical Note--Optimal Long-Term Supply Contracts with Asymmetric Demand Information. Operations Research, 65(5), 1275-1284, 2017. With Ilan Lobel.
4. Leader-based Joint Procurement: Cooperation Mechanism and Incentive Analysis. M&SOM, 19(1), 72-83, 2017. With Vernon N. Hsu, Guoming Lai, and Baozhuang Niu.
5. Provision of Incentives for Information Acquisition: Forecast-based Contracts versus Menus of Linear Contracts. Management Science, 62(7), 1899-1914, 2016. With Fangruo Chen and Guoming Lai.
6. Manufacturing Capacity Decisions under Demand Uncertainty and Tax Cross-Crediting. M&SOM, 17(3), 384-398, 2015. With Vernon N. Hsu and Joice Hu.
7. Subsidizing the Distribution Channel: Donor Funding to Improve the Availability of Malaria Drugs. Management Science, 60(10), 2461-2477, 2014. With Terry Taylor.
8. The Impact of Royalty Contract Revision in a Multi-stage Strategic R&D Alliance. Management Science, 58(12), 2251-2271, 2012. With Yi Xu.
9. Supply Chain Performance under Market Valuation: An Operational Approach to Restore Efficiency. Management Science, 58(10), 1933-1951, 2012. With Guoming Lai and Jun Yang.
10. Impact of Reseller's Forecasting Accuracy on Channel Member Performance. Production and Operation Management, 21(6), 1075-1089, 2012. With Ying-Ju Chen.
11. Should an OEM Retain Component Procurement when the CM Produces Competing Products? Production and Operation Management, 21(5), 907-922, 2012. With Ying-Ju Chen and Stephen Shum.
12. Does a Manufacturer Benefit from Selling to a Better-Forecasting Retailer? Management Science, 56(9), 1584-1598, 2010. With Terry Taylor.
13. Incentives for Retailer Forecasting: Rebates versus Returns. Management Science, 55(10), 1654-1669, 2009. With Terry Taylor.
14. Dynamic Revenue Management through Cross-Selling in E-Commerce Retailing. Operations Research, 54(5), 893-913, 2006. With Serguei Netessine and Sergei Savin.
15. Dynamic Lot Sizing with Batch Ordering and Truckload Discounts. Operations Research, 52(4), 639-654, 2004. With Chung-Lun Li and Vernon N. Hsu.
16. Dynamic Lot Size Problems with One-way Product Substitution. IIE Transactions, 37(3), 201-215, 2005. With Vernon N. Hsu and Chung-Lun Li.
17. Lot Streaming with Supplier-Manufacturer Coordination. Naval Research Logistics, 51(4), 522-542, 2004. With Chung-Lun Li.
18. Approximation Algorithms for Common Due Date Assignment and Job Scheduling on Parallel Machines. IIE Transactions, 34(5), 467-477, 2002. With Chung-Lun Li.
19. A Multiprocessor Task Scheduling Model for Berth Allocation: Heuristic and Worst Case Analysis. Operations Research Letters, 30(5), 343-350, 2002. With Yongpei Guan, Raymond Cheung, and Chung-Lun Li.
Associate editor of Management Science.
Senior editor of Production and Operations Management.