Associate Professor of
Department of Information, Operations, and Management Sciences
· Optimal Sparse Designs for Process Flexibility via Probabilistic Expanders (with Xi Chen and Yuan Zhou), Operations Research, submitted, 2014.
· Process Flexibility: A Distribution-Free Bound on the Performance of K-Chain (with Xuan Wang), Operations Research, submitted, 2013.
· Appointment Scheduling with Limited Distributional Information (with Ho-Yin Mak and Ying Rong), Management Science, accepted, 2013.
· Sequencing Appointments for Service Systems Using Inventory Approximations (with Ho-Yin Mak and Ying Rong), M&SOM, accepted, 2013.
· A Note on Appointment Scheduling with Piecewise Linear Cost Function (with Dongdong Ge, Guohua Wan, Zizhuo Wang), Mathematics of Operations Research, accepted, 2013.
· Polymatroid Optimization, Submodularity, and Joint Replenishment Games (with Simai He and Shuzhong Zhang), Operations Research, 60(1), pp. 128-137, 2012.
· A Stochastic Programming Duality Approach to Inventory Centralization Games (with Xin Chen), Operations Research, Vol. 57, pp. 840-851, 2009.
· Cost Allocation for Joint Replenishment Models, Operations Research, Vol 57, No. 1, pp. 146-156, 2009.
· Optimizing Product Launches in the Presence of Strategic Consumers (with Ilan Lobel, Jigar Patel, Gustavo Vulcano), Management Science, under major revision, 2013.
· Design of Price Mechanisms for Network Resource Allocation via Price of Anarchy (with Ying-Ju Chen), Mathematical Programming, 131(1-2), pp. 333-364, 2012.
· Bounding Probability of Small Deviation: a Fourth Moment Approach (with Simai He and Shuzhong Zhang), Mathematics of Operations Research, Vol. 35, pp. 233-256, 2010.
· Stochastic Combinatorial Optimization with Controllable Risk Aversion Level (with Man-Cho So and Yinyu Ye), Mathematics of Operations Research, Vol. 34, pp. 522-537, 2009.
· A unified theorem on SDP rank reduction (with Man-Cho So and Yinyu Ye), Mathematics of Operations Research, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 910-920, 2008.
· A linear decision-based approximation approach to stochastic programming (with Xin Chen, Melvyn Sim, and Peng Sun), Operations Research, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 344-357, 2008.
· Advanced Decision Models, (MBA/Undergraduate Course), Syllabus
· Decision Models, (MBA/Undergraduate Course), Syllabus
· Submodularity and Its Applications (PhD Course, also titled as Supply Chain Optimization) Syllabus
· Convex Optimization, (PhD Course) Syllabus
· Methodologies: Mathematical Programming, Combinatorial Optimization, Optimization under Uncertainty
· Applications: Supply Chain Optimization, Health Care Operations, Process Flexibility, etc.
· NSF Grant (PI): "Collaborative Research: Optimization Approach to Collaborative Games in Supply Chain Management", 2007-2010.
· NSF Grant (Co-PI): "Collaborative Proposal: A Framework For Integrating Production Scheduling With Inventory Control" (with Michael Pinedo), 2006-2009.
· INFORMS Optimization Prize for Young Researchers, October 2004.
· Associate Editor: Mathematics of Operations Research, 2009 - present.
· Associate Editor: Operations Research, 2006 - present.
· Committee Member, George E. Nicholson Student Paper Competition, 2007, 2008.
· Referee: Management Science, MSOM, Mathematical Programming, Operations Research, SIAM Journal on Computing, SIAM Journal on Optimization, etc.
Mailing Address: 44 West 4th St., Suite 8-66, New York, NY, 10012-1126
Email: jzhang (at) stern.nyu.edu