- "Partitioning Customers Using Overlapping Segmentation Methods", WITS, December 2008 (with R. Zheng).
- "Improving Personalization Solutions through Optimal Segmentation of Customer Bases". IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 21(3), March 2009 (with T. Jiang) [pdf] (preliminary results were published in the Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining
in December 2006)
- "Dynamic Micro Targeting: Fitness-Based Approach to Predicting Individual
Preferences." IEEE International Conference on Data Mining.
November 2007 (with T. Jiang) [pdf] (an extended version of this paper also appeared in the Knowledge and Information Systems Journal (KAIS))
- "Segmenting Customers from Population to Individuals: Does 1-to-1 Keep
your Customers Forever?" IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data
Engineering, 18(1), October 2006 (with T. Jiang). [pdf]
- "Divide and Prosper: Comparing Models of Customer Behavior from Populations
to Individuals", IEEE International Conference on Data Mining,
Nov. 2004 (with T. Jiang).
- "Using Data Mining Methods to Build Customer Profiles." IEEE
Computer; vol. 34, no. 2, February 2001 (with G. Adomavicius).
- "Expert-Driven Validation of Rule-Based User Models in Personalization
Applications." Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Journal.
vol. 5, no 1/2, Special Issue on E-commerce and Data Mining, January 2001
(with G. Adomavicius).
- "User Profiling in Personalization Applications through Rule Discovery
and Validation." In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference
on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, August 1999 (with G. Adomavicius).